Hello Bakelite Broadcasters,
We hope you’ve had a lovely May. May has gone by so fast for Greg Poppleton and the Bakelite Broadcasters.
THE MERRY MONTH OF MAY IN BROAD BRUSH STROKES
1. Firstly, Greg Poppleton and the Bakelite Broadcasters have uploaded a new video to YouTube.
It’s a compilation of songs from our 3 albums. And it’s heading towards 6 500 hits after only 2 months…CHECK OUT THE YOUTUBE CLIP…
2. Greg and Al Davey (tp) sat in with the Bridge City Jazz Band on one of their weekly Friday night shows at the Ashfield Club. In fact, it was Friday 9 May.
3. Then on the Saturday 10th of May, the Greg Poppleton Bakelite Trio played for the Sydney Flying Squadron at Kirribilli. Greg sang. Geoff Power played trumpet and sousaphone. Chuck Morgan played banjo and ukelele.
We met some wonderful new people at the event. Hello especially to Janis and Bill.
4. Then, Friday 16 May Greg, Geoff and Chuck kicked off yet another successful FULL HOUSE at Slide on Oxford St Surry Hills for their monthly 1920s Gin Mill Socials.
5. And, of course, The Phantom Dancer Radio Show, swing and jazz from live 1920s-60s radio and TV continues on 107.3 2SER Sydney, Artsound Canberra, and on over 30 more radio stations around Australia.
Enjoy past shows online now at Greg Poppleton’s Radio Lounge Blog
6. And another milestone, the Greg Poppleton Radio Lounge Blog has now clocked over 28 000 visitors!
WHAT’S ON IN JUNE? The perfect month to croon…
Wed 18 Jun. 1:30pm – High Tide Room. FREE.
Do drop by if you’re in the area. This one hour lunchtime concert with me singing and Chuck Morgan on guitar is a yearly event put on for seniors by Waverley Council. All are welcome.
GIN MILL SOCIAL
Fri. 20 Jun. 7pm – Slide, 41 Oxford St Darlinghurst.
Greg Poppleton and the Bakelite Broadcasters (Greg Poppleton (voc) Geoff Power (sousaphone and trumpet) Chuck Morgan (banjo and ukelele) open with a one hour set of high energy Roaring 20s jazz, followed by more live music, tap dancing, burlesque and juggling. Show finishes around midnight. The May show was sold out so buy your tickets early…
Find out more and Tickets
PENRITH RSL – CASTLE LOUNGE
Sat 28 Jun. 2 – 5pm – Greg Poppleton and the Bakelite Broadcasters quartet will be playing the songs of the 1920s and 1930s for kicking back and dancing. In the band will be Greg, Chuck Morgan (g), Darcy Wright (db) and Bob Gillespie (d). There’s a dance floor, bistro, drinks at club prices and NO COVER CHARGE.
PHANTOM DANCER RADIO SHOW
107.3 2SER Sydney: 12noon – 2pm, Tues. 3, 10, 17, 24 June.
ArtSoundFM Canberra: 7pm, Sun 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 June.
LIKE TO BOOK US FOR YOUR WEDDING, CORPORATE EVENT AND PARTY?
We’d love to add 1920s – 1930s hot jazz and swing glamour to your wedding, corporate event and party. Call Tony Jex on 9567 7171 / 0407 941 263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HAVE YOU LIKED US ON FACEBOOK?
Greg Poppleton and the Bakelite Broadcasters www.bakelitejazz.com
1920s Great Gatsby Orchestra – The Lounge Bar Lotharios www.sydney1920sjazzorchestra.com.au
See you at a show in June,
So I can croon you a tune,